The FOCUS of the Message
Even if you don't ascribe to the Christian religion, I feel it's safe to assume that many throughout the world are familiar with the story of Christ.
But what is the REAL story. We pretty much understand the repeated story but I ask today is the told story the truth, the whole truth and nothing but.
But even more important to me is this... what is the FOCUS of the story. Or more importantly, what SHOULD the focus be.
We all have a purpose in this world and whilst our purpose may not be global, worldwide or even community wide, we all have a purpose and it is our responsibility to tap into what that purpose is so that we can effectively carry it out.
Christ was sure of his purpose.
1. To testify to the truth. John 18:37 "For this reason I was born and have come into the world, to testify to the truth."
2. To exemplify forgiveness. Matthew 11:25 "And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”
3. To teach us how to walk in faith. Matthew 6:31-35 "So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
4. To make abundance available. John 10:10 "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
5. How to show up positively in the world. Matthew 5:16 "In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."
Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
6. That nothing is impossible. Matthew 19:26 26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
7. To give his life and die. John 19:30 "When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit."
Matthew 10:45 "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
John 10:17-18 "The reason the Father loves me is that I lay down my life in order to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father. "
The title Christian was given to a group by men because they were teaching the words that Christ had spoken. It's not a belief... it's a label. Jesus never gave a name/label to his followers. The title used most often in the bible is "Saints" which simply means consecrated to God. This reflects not just the individual but the connection to a group of people set apart for the purpose of being the ultimate message of the Creator... LOVE, Forgiveness and Unity.
So how did the movement of the message become a structured organization of massive buildings, elitist arrogance, judgment, condemnation, separation and self-righteousness?
For me personally, the answer to that question is of little relevance.
The way I honor the messenger Christ, the Son of God who assures me that I am the daughter of God (as are you daughters and sons of God), is to continue to be an example of Love, Light, Hope, Unity, Compassion and Empathy. All of these I see Christ as being.
Not a being who felt that he should be exalted and set apart. But a Teacher of good news. One who chose to be a LIVING example of the Love of God and the Compassion that man should strive for. He chose to be born that he might be an example and then he chose that he would die that the impact of his message may continue in power.
In my opinion the FOCUS should not be the cross. It is one of the reasons that I don't resonate with wearing one. Remember during that time everyone put to death was nailed to a cross.
I choose to FOCUS on the resurrection... the glory in the story rather than the sting in the story. The crucifixion was the process of the experience to produce growth... in this case life.
The ultimate message for me of Christ's sojourn here in this earthly realm, and the impact of that message, is that LOVE is key. It is the one force that when exercised and allowed as intended, will cover a multitude. For me this means will put an end to everything that is not in alignment with the highest good for ALL.
When I love God and I love me and I love you, therein is peace, joy, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control (the FRUIT of the spirit). Against such things there is no law (manmade) and in my opinion no need for law.
Therein is the message that Christ came to demonstrate. See words mean nothing without action behind them. Sometimes we need to see the action to understand or justify the words. Christ was the word in action.
On today, a day set aside to celebrate RESURRECTION, let us remember that this is the day that matters. The crucifixion was the necessary path to the purpose. The message of the resurrection for me is that we can have life and have it more abundantly.
So I choose to live in abundance daily as I love and be love for others to see and experience. I choose to let my light shine and help others to see their way through the darkness.
Let us live our lives, LIVING, LOVING and BEING rather than focusing on death, pain, persecution and living in a place of fear.
The pain is simply the process of the experience that produces growth. If you are not growing you are dying. So give yourself permission to grow and live...
BE Love for yourself and to others
KNOW that it's all possible
You get to CHOOSE
And if you want to know who and what I am.... I AM Love... Period!
I am Denika Carothers, Creator of RECLAIM Your PowHER and FOCUS to Victory. I am an Intuitive Spiritual Life Coach. I coach my clients in the place of their soul.